Physiotherapist-guided audio program is for relieving pelvic floor spasm and pelvic pain in the privacy of your home.
Pelvic Pain and Relaxation Therapy is presented by Pelvic Floor Physiotherapist Michelle Kenway.
This program is designed to:
- Relax the pelvic floor muscles
- Reduce chronic pain with pelvic floor muscle tension
- Overcome problems associated with pelvic floor tension e.g. erectile dysfunction, bowel emptying problems and decreased bladder control
- Improve stress and anxiety management
This program supports the clinical management of chronic pelvic pain and pelvic floor spasm.
These conditions are often associated with symptoms including:
- Pelvic pain (groin, anus, penis, testicles, lower abdomen or bladder)
- Erectile dysfunction
- Decreased bladder control
- Bladder urgency
- Slow bladder emptying
- Painful urination
- Pain with ejaculation
Causes of Chronic Pelvic Pain in Men
Chronic pelvic pain can be caused by:
- Pelvic floor muscle dysfunction
- Pelvic injury
- Nervous system changes (including pudendal neuralgia)
- Sexual abuse and emotional distress.
Pelvic floor muscle spasm is usually involved with ongoing pelvic pain. Please ensure that other serious medical causes of pelvic pain have been excluded by your doctor before using this program.
Essential pelvic pain and relaxation skills training include: diaphragmatic breathing, identifying and releasing muscle tension, pelvic pain desensitization techniques progressing to active pelvic floor exercises (Kegels).
This audio program involves 4 progressive therapy sessions. The sessions are designed to be completed and practiced in the order presented. Each session builds upon the learning and skills developed in the previous sessions.
Pelvic Pain and Pelvic Relaxation Therapy for Men
List of Contents
Set up Guide
Session 1. Diaphragmatic breathing
Session 2. Whole Body Relaxation and Body Scanning
Session 3. Pelvic Floor Relaxation and Desensitisation
Session 4. Pelvic Floor Exercises (Kegels)
Total playing time: 30 minutes
- Professional physiotherapist guided techniques and exercises
- Format allows you to select the track(s) you prefer to practice on a given day
- Four progressive therapy sessions
- Soothing relaxation musical accompaniment
- Simple, affordable and easy to follow
About the Producer
Michelle Kenway is an Australian Physiotherapist with extensive experience in pelvic floor management. She is the author of the Inside Out series of pelvic floor health and fitness books and video exercise programs.
This audio therapy program is subject to international copyright and can only be copied with permission of the creator.