Vaginal dilators treat a range of pelvic floor problems causing pelvic pain and difficulty with intercourse including pelvic floor muscle spasms.
Graduated dilator therapy is used widely in major hospitals and physiotherapy practices. These dilators are ideal for clinical follow-up treatment and self-management in the privacy of your own home.
This complete kit of progressively sized vaginal dilators is made with 100% Medical-grade Silicone
Vaginal dilators are specifically designed for home self-treatment of pelvic floor conditions including:
- Pelvic floor muscle spasm or tension (Vaginismus)
- Vaginal scarring or narrowing after gynecological surgery
- Adhesions during or following radiotherapy
- Psychological trauma associated with intercourse
This Complete Dilator Kit includes the following:
- 5 contoured medical-grade dilators supplied as complete set
- Each dilator is incrementally sized for comfortable treatment progression
5 progressive-sized dilators:
- Yellow: 2.83” x .5”
- Coral: 3.39” x .75”
- Lavender: 3.9” x .87”
- Blue: 4.6” x 1”
- Orchid: 5.5” x 1.3”
How Vaginal Dilators Work
Progressive vaginal dilator therapy works by:
- Providing gentle stretch to tightened or shortened vaginal tissues
- Gradually progressing treatment with progressively sized vaginal dilators
- Decreasing the sensitivity of internal tissues that are painful to touch
- Training pelvic floor muscle relaxation
- Preventing the formation of vaginal adhesions with radiotherapy
- Soft smooth surfaces
- Ultra-small diameter soft yellow starting dilator
- Gently tapered tip for comfortable insertion
- Durable high-grade material composition
- Hygienic and easy to clean
- Colour coded for ease of home use and treatment progression
How to Use Vaginal Dilators
- Select the smallest size dilator for your personal comfort
- Position your body lying down in a warm comfortable location with your knees supported over a cushion or pillow
- Place a small amount of water-based lubricant on the tip of the dilator
- Relax your breathing as you gently insert the vaginal dilator ensuring that treatment remains comfortable throughout
- Gradually progress the duration of treatment and the size of the dilator according to personal comfort over successive treatments.
- Always keep treatment sessions comfortable and pain-free.
The comfortable tapered tips of these super-soft silicone dilators are designed for ease of insertion and ultimate comfort. The five graduated sizes allow a natural and effective transition and progression while the large bases add control and leverage. Use with a water-based lubricant.